Instagram Follow @BlissGirlLife

Sunday, June 28, 2015

My clear skin journey


Ever since I was a teenager, I've struggled with combination skin. I tried all kinds of creams, pills and regimes to no avail. It seemed the only thing that worked was birth control, but I didn't like the side effects like weight gain and lethargy. 

I decided it was time to take my skincare into my own hands, and find a more natural way to keep my skin healty and clear. The first thing I did was incorporate way more water into my life. 
It's recommended that you drink at least half your weight in ounces of water per day. I began drinking a gallon of water a day at the beginning of May. I noticed a slight difference, but my trouble areas along my cheeks, forehead and  jawline were still erupting. I was also still missing the brightness in my skin that I wanted. 

After doing some research I soon came across three supplements that helped me achieve the results I had been wanting and needing. 

Vitex Agnus-Castus (Chastetree berry) helps to balance premenstrual and menstrual conditions, and is an ideal natural product for supporting overall feminine health. I decided to take vitex to help control my pms after stopping birth control and to help keep my monthly breakouts at a minimum, which it's been doing! 
DIM promotes beneficial estrogen metabolism and healthy hormonal balance and is especially helpful for managing estrogen dominant conditions. It's definitely been helpful in also helping my hormonal transition after discontinuing birth control.

Women and men can use DIM as an integral part of a weight management program. DIM promotes healthy estrogen metabolism.Promotes fat loss, healthy skin and bones.Supports healthy prostate tissue in men. DIM also balances hormones that can help restore wellness and vitality. 

Last but not least I incorporated milk thistle. Milk thistle is beneficial for maintenance of the liver, the main detoxifying organ of the body. It also provides compounds that boost the body's antioxidant system. Milk thistle acts as an addition to detoxification regimens and is an excellent tonic for anyone under stress. 

I'm not a doctor or scientists, but I know the hormonal unbalance was causing my breakouts, and I needed something to re balance me. I also knew from the position on my face of my breakouts, that I need to work on my liver. I used a Chinese face mapping chart, I once saw on the Instagram page of Team A'TON (all things o'natural), to try to pinpoint what I could do to clear my skin. 
After two months of using the products, along with drinking a gallon of water, using simple noxzema, a toner and moisturizer with 30spf. I can now say I have skin that I am more confident in and love. My skin is improving daily and my breakouts have heavily decreased. My pms symptoms are noticeably under control and I've lost weight since dropping the birth control. I purchased all of my items off vitacost, and received huge bottles at a great price with rebates from ebates. The supplements can be purchased at any health food store or on Amazon as well. I will follow up in a few months with more progress on how my skin has been doing, but after two months I can say I'm very happy! 
No makeup! No filter! Just natural light and a smile! I hope this helps some of you that may have been struggling like myself. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I also recommend you do your research as well! 

Love, Light and Peace
Amira 



No comments:

Post a Comment