Instagram Follow @BlissGirlLife

Thursday, September 10, 2015

My clear skin journey part 2


     In my previous post about skincare, the focus was mainly on taking care of yourself on the inside. Everything begins on the inside and works its way out, but we also need to care for the outside as well. It's important to make sure your skin is properly cleaned and hydrated, to ensure you achieve radiant skin. Over the last two months, I've changed my facial wash and moisturizer and I must say I'm very happy!

     The first product I've incorporated was creamed honey!

                                

     Creamed or Manuka honey are very beneficial for the skin, and can be purchased fairly cheaply. Honey can be used to help dry and delicate skin, it's suitable for all skin types. It acts as an antibacterial, anti-fungal, antioxidant, and hygroscopic (water retaining) agent. It helps disinfect and speed the healing process of acne, soaks up impurities and helps detoxify your skin. The antioxidant properties allow it to restore damaged and wrinkled skin. The hygroscopic properties make it an amazing moisturizer, but it will not break you out. It naturally cleans your skin and leaves it super soft. 

     With all the benefits of honey, its amazing more people aren't using it. Another thing I love about honey is that its one ingredient! I'm not a fan of products with a list of ingredients I can't pronounce, and as you all should know I like a max of five ingredients. The price of honey is also very reasonable compared to a lot of "miracle" products, and if a little gets on your mouth who cares! 

                          

     The next product I've incorporated is jojoba oil, many people use coconut and I recommend that as well, but I'm a jojoba girl. Jojoba oil is the only oil that closely resembles human sebum (an oily substance naturally produced by the oil glands below the skin surface), so the benefits to skin are amazing. It is a perfect choice for those who want to use natural products for their skin, hair and face care. I have combination oily skin and  I was concerned about using an oil, but I learned my skin was oily because it was overcompensating for a lack of moisture. Using jojoba oil along with the honey, has really helped to enhance my skins natural glow. I use jojoba on my skin, lips and hair, it's also good at cleaning off makeup without drying out my skin. 

     Making simple changes like incorporating vitamins, more water, honey and jojoba oil have resulted in me feeling so much more confident about my skin. I feel comfortable going out without foundation and I am happy with my skins tone and texture. I've saved money on expensive products and dermatologists visits, and I know my body thanks me for eliminating so many toxins. If you're looking for a more natural way to cleanse and moisturize your skin then I say give these two a try. If you have tried these or have other products you like, please leave a comment!

Peace, Love and Light!
Amira 



No comments:

Post a Comment